Friday, March 19, 2010

I just don't know

I'm back in Melbourne..currently doing Gen Med/Aged Care placement..which is rather boring...well I guess it's not if you know your stuff but for someone like me...I would pass as a 3rd yr, but definitely not a final...I hate answering I don't know...not having the skills to filter the information...what's important, what's not, what needs to be documented...& not having these skills makes me look really bad...I have to ask the interns/reg..what's the plan again??n she would say, "what did i say just now?you're gonna be an intern next year, you should be able to do this..."
n gen med patients always have multiple comorbidities...I find it difficult to put everything together & not to mix up everything..
n I'm bad with phone calls, referral bla bla bla....or coordinating with the nurse about the patient's care...

I try to comfort myself by saying that I don't have the mind of a physician n I'm bad with pharmacology..that's why I'm struggling..I'll do better in surgery...but the truth is I don't know..it doesn't mean that I like anatomy, I should be good in surgery..(not that I'm that good in anat either)..
So what if when I'm on my surgical placement n still struggling? Whereelse can I go?What other excuses can I make?

Oh by the way, the only good thing being a fifth year is that the reg is keen on teaching the 3rd yrs..so she likes to throw questions to them, thinking that a fifth yr like me should know about it...so I'm off the hook..

The only thing I'm good at is counting days or weeks...2 weeks down in Aged Care-Gen Med, 4 weeks left = 2/3 left... which will be 1/2 in a week's time, n 1/3 in 2 weeks' time....
We have 5 modules in Aged Care...1 is done...4 left!

Then I'll be going to ED, heard that ED is pretty fun...that's something to look forward to, I need hope 'cause that's what keeps me going...please Allah, give me the courage..

4 comments:

  1. haha.. post ko ni reminds me of how I felt during my first few weeks masa start clinical. tak sangka org pandai seperti ko juga akan rasa miserable. tapi best nye ko dh leh get long ngn org2 di hosp kat KT tu! tu plastic surgeon yg org cite kerek tetapi hebat tu ke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha'ah...tuh laa satu2nye plastic surgeon yg cover terengganu & pahang...org2 kat dept tuh pon tekejut tgk betape baiknye layanan yg aku terima..hahahha..sbb aku medical student...
    aku looking fwd aa nk keje kat msia..nurses, MA baik2..doctors ade yg kerek, ade yg baik..tp x kesah je tuh as long sesame housemen sume baik no prob aku rase...

    Adeii koy..aku masuk tahun ke-3 dh clinical..tp this yr br rase pressure sbb kene perform, ade assessment yg sgt penting laa at the end of each rotation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u are the very FIRST person yg cakap doc kat msia baik2. haha. and I am very glad to hear that. Aku kat sini dah merasa dengan doc n nurse yg amat sangat kereks so aku hope penderitaan aku berkurang la once I go back. hehe.

    Don't worry moony, u can do it! all the best. =)

    ReplyDelete