Saturday, March 20, 2010

Musim org bertunang berkahwin

I call this gossip paling best tahun nih, paling best for me, bg org lain yg x knal this person x laa...dh sebulan kot nk bergossip pasal this bestfriend of mine (BFoM for short..haha) who's getting married but she won't let me until she's engaged and now that she did, I'm free to write so long as no one can guess who she is...
anyway, korang penah dgr x yg kalo tunang2 nih x patot heboh2? that's what people used to tell me tp kalo tgk kat msia nowadays org tunang pon mcm dh kawen...ade yg lg pelik boleh exchange rings laki ppuan...
tp for me I don't quite get why shouldn't we announce engagement since yg I tau, if a woman is engaged, another man is not permitted to propose to her...kalo org x tau she's engaged, then possible laa kan utk org lain utk masuk meminang..

so today I did some googling utk carik Islamic rulings on this...

here is what i got:

- the part in a hadeeth that says 'conceal the engagement' is a weak one and the reason for not announcing engagement is to avoid destructive envy to the couple or families

- it is not prohibited to propose to a woman who had been proposed by another man in the following circumstances:
  • the girl has rejected the 1st proposal
  • the girl has not accept or reject the 1st proposal
  • the 1st guy has given his permission/decided not to go ahead with the wedding
  • the 2nd guy doesn't know about the first proposal
  • the 1st guy is immoral whereas the 2nd guy is chaste provided that the girl is chaste as well

- another interesting point, Imam Shafiee said that in case of a virgin, a silence indicates acceptance of a suitor...<---and that's exactly what my friend did...silence..with a smile..

anyway, I'm so happy for this BFoM for finally found a match..from the background search I did he seems to be a good one indeed..and he's so lucky to have her, one of nicest person I've ever met...I am so excited for wedding which will be in June...unfortunately not on a weekend, so I have to skip a few days of hospitals to be there on her wedding..can't afford to miss this one, she's my first bestfriend to get married!!well actually not, there's another BFoM who's getting married the week before hers but my cousin is also getting married on that day & this BFoM lives in the northern part of Malaysia which makes it not possible for me to go..but my prayers will always be with you dear!

these 2 BFsoM are marrying someone whom they haven't known for long, so it will be pretty much love after marriage...I'm sure some people might disagree with this but I have always liked the idea of love after marriage...I'm all for this friends!!

I'd like to talk more about these 2 BFsoM but I don't think it's possible without revealing who they are...so I should stop now...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment