Sunday, April 4, 2010

This was initially my comment to Koyan's recent post but then I think it was a bit too long that I could just make an entry out of this..
I totally agree with what Koyan said...one of the main determinants of our career path is marriage...aku penah dgr conversation between these 2 friends of mine..both are malays..the first girl is very liberal-minded..the second girl nih plak quite feminist and egocentric..they were talking about what they're gonna do in the future, i.e nk keje kat msia or stay kat aussie, nk wat specialty ape..1st girl nih ckp, die x paham kenape slalu die jumpe msian girls who said that they're not sure what they're gonna do in the future sbb it all depends on how their life unfold - relationship wise..the 2nd girl pon ckp, "that's not the case for me, whatever it is my partner has to follow me"..I couldn't help but to intervene & I said to the first girl (I think the 1st girl (or maybe both of them) thought that culture org melayu n Islam ppuan kene ikot laki), "it all depends on what's important for you, it's not the rule that people are imposing on u, u prioritise things according to what makes u happy"...
As for me, I wish for both career & family..well, my priority might change along the way (and it's a long way to go) but I believe 'When there's a will, there's a way'...I might sound like the most hopeless med student at the moment but who knows, I might find my niche & will work for it..O Allah, please grant me a supportive partner...

No comments:

Post a Comment