Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Long Day

I am soooo exhausted but I have many things that I wanna share with you..
one of the reasons I blog is to record things that happen in my life so that when I read 'em someday, I could recall what I felt at the moment...that's why some things I can't just leave till later or else the feelings will go away..

So today is my second day at the GP clinic. I was with Dr Lori the whole day...She's going on a 38-day Europe trip starting the day after tomorrow till 25th August...I've been sucking up to her since my first day and I tried to be as enthusiastic as I possibly can and as for now I think we've bonded...I hope when she's away I'll be put under the nice doctors, Sebastian is a very good teacher, Cely is nice as well..

this is the longest I've spent in a day at a clinical placement..I was there from 9am till 640pm with only about 1 hr+ break for lunch, Zuhur, Asar & Maghrib.....I should leave at 5pm but I thought I wanna have a chat with Dr Lori once she's done with her patients as she won't be with me for the next 5 weeks...so I waited until Dr Lori said that I should go as it was already late..(bear in mind it's winter & it's already Isyak when I left)

When I left I just took whichever bus that arrives first..there were 2 bus stops at different side of the road...as there were a few buses sharing the same bus stop & the first bus to arrive was at the other side of the road, I quickly cross the road and get into the bus...without checking where the bus is heading...If I'm not mistaken all the buses will eventually stop at Chadstone although their routes might vary slightly, but still they should stop at Monash Uni as well & I can just walk home from there....unfortunately, it turns out that it was the last bus and it won't go up to Chadstone, the final destination is Applet Drive (I have no idea where that is) and it will return to it's depot...I got no choice but have to stop there and take another bus to go to Dandenong Railway Station, take the train to Clayton & then walk from there home..I can't be bothered walking so instead of spending 15mins walking, I decided to pay $5.20 to the cabby...after the violent attacks of robbery in Clayton a few months ago, I don't feel safe anymore walking alone in the dark...

When I got off the cab, I checked in the car if I left anything behind and realised that my books weren't there...yup, I'm a very careless person...if u wanna steal something from me, just follow me around for one whole day, and wait till I left something behind...erm, U might get demotivated after a couple of days not getting anything valuable, but if U stick around for let say...a month, U'll get something...
When I got into the house, I realised something else is missing...my GP attendance sheet!!!it's folded in one of those books!

I arrived home at 803pm....I missed Masterchef Australia which is aired at 7pm-8pm...but as usual, they always go over the time so I had the chance to watch the elimination!

I am tired, hungry & now, I don't just lose a few grams of weights (fats I hope!) but I also lost the most important form that needs to be submitted at the end of this rotation..

I don't where I could have left those things, it could be the 804 bus, or 802 bus, or the bench at the train station or in the train itself...

I find the train's lost and found office number and it only operates till 5pm...I then looked for the bus company number and called them...luckily, the buses were already at the depot..the person who picked up the phone went and had a look into the buses and found my books!!Thank God...

Asma' cooked a lovely dinner for me, grilled chicken+pizza+spinach..yay!!

As when I'm about to eat, I checked my mobile phone and received a message from my.monashportal SMS results service. it says,

MED4082 PGO

which means I passed the exam!!
I'm soooo happy!


Owh..there was another thing that made my day...there was this patient who came in for Implanon insertion...

N****t: Where are you from?
Me : Malaysia
N****t: You're beautiful!
Me : Thank you..(smilling but feeling embarrassed in front of Dr Lori)

Dear N****t, I don't have to write your name anywhere, I'll always remember U!

Anyway, N****t is a young 18 year old Sudanese refugee who has been in Australia for many years now....heheheheh

1 comment:

  1. congrats cous!!!!!
    congrats!!
    isnnt passing the exam is everything at this age??!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete