Sunday, March 15, 2009

Specialty

As med students, one of the most common questions thrown at us is which specialty that we'd like to pursue..My usual answers would be I haven't decided yet, it's a long way to go, haven't tasted all every areas of medicine yet...
Koyan gave me this link --> http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/specialties/ which have 130 personality-type questions and they will analyse our answers according to different specialties..
This is what I got:

1-physical med/rehabilitation 41
2-haematology 41
3-colon & rectal surgery 40
4-nuclear med 40
5-plastic surgery 40
6-general surgery 39
7-opthalmology 39
8-infectious disease 39
9-neurosurgery 39
10-rheumatology 38
11-gastroenterology 38
12-endocrinology 38
13-orthopaedic surgery 38
14-obstetrics/gynaecology 38
15-urology 38
16-thoracic surgery 38
17-radiology 37
18-pathology 37
19-otolaryngology 37
20-anaesthesiology 37
21-allergy & immunology 36
22-radiation oncology 36
23-general internal medicine 36
24-pulmonology 36
25-nephrology 36
26-paediatrics 36
27-neurology 36
28-emergency medicine 36
29-dermatology 35
30-occupational med 35
31-aerospace med 35
32-cardiology 35
33-family practice 35
34-med oncology 33
35-preventive med 33
36-psychiatry 32

It's funny how I've never thought of rehab and I always wonder whose gonna be doing haematology..the boring haematology???colorectal surgery??I'm interested in surgery but definitely not of the gastrointestinal tract..I can stand blood but I'm not good with other smelly body fluids & faeces??eeiiyy...and nuclear med??I'm not sure what it is actually..I'm assuming it's those diagnostic scanning like PET scan...never mind, I'll google it later...Among those of the top lists, plastic surgery is the one that I've always thought of doing..or maybe general surg...

at least they got something right...I certainly am not considering psychiatry!!but who knows, I haven't been on that rotation yet..hehehe

6 comments:

  1. buatla psychiatry,so sng la orang-orang cam aku dapatkan nasihat ko. ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku rase ko lg sesuai buat psych...sbb slalu org kate org buat psych nih kene ade gile2 sket..ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. gile2 dan gile adalah dua bende yang berbeza. Ko cube nak ckp aku yg mane.haha. n xkan la aku nak wat medik.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ko ade bit of both aaa...aku rase among kwn2 kite, Day O boleh kot...die cam gile sket..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hemaeto sng je...stakat ko kena tau rbc..hb..apls..ngn thrombosis factor je kan?? (Kata2 budak bukan medic)..haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. senang x senang..I'm not interested laa syorre...aku cam suke the idea of doctor yg cam dlm tv...ahahhaha

    ReplyDelete