Thursday, March 5, 2009

Surprise!

Do u like surprises?hmm...Do I?
I think it very much depends on what sort of surprise...
If someone were to surprise me with anything, they'd better make sure it's something I like or I might find it hard to pretend...n I would feel bad not to like something that other people had put so much effort into it...
Anyway, we can't chose to be surprised...especially if it comes from God..Who has infinite limits in His ability to make surprises...we can give hints to our friends when they want to throw us a surprise birthday party, baby shower etc but not to Him....yes, we can always pray...but we just don't know what lies ahead of us...His surprises can come in any form....


I was assigned to go to the Maternity Support Services this morning...which provide support to pregnant teenagers as well as pregnant women with drug & alcohol problems, or just anyone who really needs support during their pregnancy...

One of my patients is a 25y/o lady who is currently in the 32nd week of her pregnancy...and she found that out 2 weeks ago!!!how's that for a surprise??

What will U do if you found out that you're pregnant and U only have less than 3 months before it became real!!as in real..real...
What if U had everything planned out in your life...or you're about to achieve your dream and the arrival of the baby might change everything?e.g: You're getting married(not with the baby's father) in a few's months' time or weeks'?...You've just been promoted and it took U years before your hard work is recognized by ur superior?...You've been out of job for years & suddenly someone finally take U in?
Or..thinking along the other end of the spectrum...U might be in the worst situation ever...e.g: just got divorced or being dumped?just lose a job & there's no one else supporting u?

I'm not sure if any of these happened or is happening to my patient...but anyway, knowing that u're pregnant when U don't see it coming could be one of the worst surprises ever...
Getting pregnant is an exciting experience if it's planned or if U have all the support from your partner, family & friends..and if u're economically stable...or if you're Muslim and U would be happy to accept that as a gift from Allah...
If U had none of these, it'd surely scare the hell out of U....U might be in denial...not knowing what to do, whom to tell, where to get support??that's when U should call Maternity Support Services at ********(even I myself don't know the contact no.)<-------now I'm promoting our free service....but before that, please make sure U're in Eastern Health area!!


I'm getting off track there...I think I should leave U readers to think of this scenario....if it ever occurred to U or someone U know, your patient, perhaps you would be able to offer some thoughts and help...

As for my patient, at the moment she thinks that she might give her baby up for adoption...we, as her treating team are still hoping that she would still consider keeping the baby but we won't talk her into anything yet as she's very fragile at the moment...we just hope that she'll be in our care for as long as she want...

No comments:

Post a Comment