Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom & I

I haven't dedicated a Mother's Day entry for my mom yet...Well I don't wanna be typical, so I waited till Monday to write an entry for my mom (in actual, I had busy Sunday yesterday)...but still, we shouldn't only remember our mothers on this day only, but I guess it's good that we have mother's day because we can have mother's day sale, mother's day gifts, mother's day movies..u name it..(chances are people might not give presents to their mothers if there is no such a day)..

This is a picture of my mom & my elder sis which was taken almost 2 years ago..as most people would agree she is the one who takes after the most compared to me n my younger sis!


What I'd like to talk is about the difference between mom & me as well as the similarities..

(Ermm before that I should tell u that I call her Emel instead of Mak, Mama etc...Emel was actually derived from Mama yg Comel...but I do still refer to her as Mi, Ma etc...)

So the differences:

1) She has small eyes, while mine aren't.

2) She's a hottie while I'm not. She has many admirers since she was young up until now and she always wonders why I never mentioned that I have admirers but I do talk about my friends' admirers. She couldn't comprehend why I dont have any while she was pretty famous during her university days (well, even now).

3) She has fair skin while I'm no way near fair. When she look at her friends whom aren't fair but the children are, she always questions how come we all take after my dad's skin& not hers.

4) My mom has always been underweight when she was younger and within normal range these days but I'm always at the upper end of normal and sometimes even slightly overweight. I might end up obese once I have children being my fat self at the moment (What a scary possibilty)

5) My mom is really good at sports and games. Let it be chess, high jump, netball, volleyball, basketball, badminton, table-tennis, swimming. I'm hopeless!!(I take after my dad in this too)

6) My mom is a leader (a good one indeed) & I'm a follower. She is a principal who is always on top of things. She's the kind who answers questions in classes or volunteers to lead the group and I'm the kind who keep quiet and curse the leaders behind their back.

7) She's the prim & proper type. She wouldn't let anyone see her weaknesses and I am the complete opposite. I am the clumsy type - I'm a doctorate in spilling foods or drinks on clean table/carpet/floor & falling (I don't need wet floors or stairs to do that!)

8) My mom doesn't cook and I'm pretty proud of my cooking skills. I don't bake but I love to cook. When I was young I always ask my mom if she knew how to cook certain food and her answer is always, "I've never made that but theoretically, you would need.....". Yes, she only knows how to cook things theoretically.

9) My mom is not adventurous. She couldn't understand why I went climbing Mount Kinabalu, skydiving, bungy-jumping etc. My mom is the kind who would definitely go for the indulgence & luxury type of holiday rather than the adventures.

10) Mom doesn't eat spicy foods at all. I love chillies! I don't mind getting runny nose or diarrhoea because of it.


The similarities:

1) There's a few things that I take after her anatomically. Mom said I have her lips.

2) We enjoy sewing clothes. It is one of the activities that we do together over the holidays.

3) We are both good with numbers. In terms of memorising them or thinking of the relationship between the numbers e.g: car's plate.

Mom & me (Mom said she looks like me in this photo. I'm not sure where about exactly)

Hmm...there must be more..but I'm running out of ideas. I've asked my sister to think of this and her first answer was sewing..which is what I have already written down...and after she put some thoughts to it, she came up with the numbers..



I love you Emel!!

8 comments:

  1. so sweet muni. aku x wish pun mak aku...dia call aku semlm but we bitched about sthing else. hahaha. aku x nak wish or write her an entry sbb aku tgh homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi..sungguh comel la entry nih.. kem salam la mak kamu ye cik bul4n

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute la moony. hehe. n yes indeed, u hv her lips. br aku prasan sebenanye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. angoh!! i love love this entry!! its so sweet in ur clumsy way!!
    teh moh shud be so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom is not adventurous. She couldn't understand why I went climbing Mount Kinabalu, skydiving, bungy-jumping etc.

    BUKAN dia tak paham...tapi dia buat2 tak paham..sebab dia risau dan sayangkan ko...
    2 dekad nanti ko paham lebih jelas...

    ReplyDelete