Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thank God You're Here

Does any of u guys watch this show?This is my favourite Australian TV show..they just started the fourth season 4 weeks ago and I only managed to watch 1 episode..It's all because of the group study!
Last Wednesday, I was excited that we're not having the group study only to find myself falling asleep from 530pm-9pm!!Effah did wake me up when TGYH started(at 730pm) & I thought I just wanna have a bit more sleep but as you would expect out of me - I didn't!

TGYH is a comedy show..I never watched Whose Line Is It Anyway? but people said that it has pretty much the same concept as TGYH. This show involve contestants walking through a door, dressed in appropriate costume (somestimes totally inappropriate!), into an unknown situation and greeted by the line "Thank God you're here!". They then had to improvise their role through the scene. The contestants are usually comedians, actors or broadcasters..They have to respond to questions (related to the scene) asked by other ensembled casts. The ensemble cast, even though they were given scripts, they still have to tailor their script depending on how the contestant are doing.It is really challenging!!Sometimes they are asked to sing, dance or spontaneously come up with a poem..At the end of the show, the judge will select a winner who will be awarded a TGYH trophy...

My favourite contestant is Hamish Blake and I also recommend Angus Sampson, Frank Woodley, Shaun Micallef, Arj Barker & Akmal Saleh..
Try watching these..see if you like it!!





I forgot to tell you that at the end of the show they also have an all in group challenge where all of the four contestants will be in one scene and they have to try their best to shine..these are the examples..





Owh..they also have footage in which the contestants perform a challenge on location which was filmed earlier.
If u guys don't like the previous ones, watch this last one..please...



What do u guys think?Best kan??please say yes...the Aussies love this show very much..I love them too....When I first came here, I couldn't quite understand why they have comedy week, comedy festival..now I'm starting to enjoy them as well..heheh
I'm sorry there are too many clips..I thought of putting 2 or 3 but I just can't decide...

2 comments:

  1. kitaorg kt luar tgh bosan..so kami mencuba skype..dan semuaorg menjadi jakun buat seketika..

    ReplyDelete
  2. dah 4th season dah mende ni. Hahaha. aku tak penah denga lgsg n x penah tertgk pon kat tv. ehh... besss la jugak.. lps ni aku leh la layaaaaaaaan.

    ReplyDelete