Thursday, April 2, 2009

Inspiration

Yesterday I attended the launching of MUSIG (Monash University Surgical Interest Group)...I wasn't successful in persuading my housemates to go but finally Safwan gave in to my persuasiveness...n Safwan managed to get Beh & Hazwan to go as well...yayy!!I wouldn't be going if I don't have any companies...even though the talk wasn't really relevant to me as they were focusing on how to get into surgical training in Australia (as of now, there's about 70% chance that I'm going home after I graduate) but I just feel that I need something to inspire me...something to remind me again of what I should become in the future...
One of the speakers is non other than my tutor, Prof Julian A. Smith, the surgical guru himself (he's like Richard Webber (the chief) in Grey's Anatomy)...Prof Smith's 4th slide was titled "A Career for Woman"....he, as well as other presenters stressed to us that surgery is no more a male territory...women can combine their surgical career with family life and we can also make it to the top...
The program only lasted for one n a half hour but it definitely inspires me....Even though it wasn't my heartiest choice doing medicine in the first place, but I know once I'm in it, there's no turning back...I've been pretty mediocre throughout my medical course...but I don't want to be a mediocre doctor...I should be an outstanding one or none at all!!

2 comments:

  1. woww semangat! hehe. jadi doctor adalah amat sangat susah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jgn begitu koyan...positive2....
    tp kan aku tgk dr kat hospital tuh relax je....
    bape ramai laa dr msia kene produce br bleh buat safe working hours cam kat cni....
    mari2 kite pulang ke tanah air!!

    ReplyDelete