Friday, February 27, 2009

Guys

I made jokes with Effah that I'd prefer her not to go to tute today so that I can have all the guys for myself...in the end she decided not to turn up so I actually left with Nick & Peter for the tute with Dr John in the morning and with Tom at lunch time...
It wasn't too bad after all hanging out with the boys even though I felt a bit awkward initially as I've always been in a tutorial where girls outnumbered guys...
We had a good laugh talking about a lot of things...the midwives, consultants, future specialties that we might pursue, last year OSCE exam and about our efforts in studying...
I always wonder how difficult it is for a male med student doing an O&G rotation..I have confirmed it today....it definitely is difficult!
Peter told us, there's one time when the midwife asked him to put his hand on a patient's tummy for 10minutes to feel for the contraction and to time it up...he was left with the patient alone in the delivery suite...the patient tried to relieve her pain by standing and swinging her hips..(I'd imagine she's basically looked like she's dancing)..Suddenly, the patient's fiance came into the room...and Peter, with his hand on the patient's tummy instantly told the fiance that he's a medical student...(I wonder what's on the fiance's mind when he first saw them both)...hahah...surely not what he'd expect...
I was surprised to learn Peter n Nick's views about labour...both of them agree that they hate watching women in labour..they think that the whole thing is gruesome...they even said that they would be surprised to know that any female medical students would still think of having a baby (at least vaginally) after witnessing how gross it is...
It's interesting how both of them thinks of the hardship of the whole experience while I would focus on the joy of the baby's arrival into the world....

4 comments:

  1. haha.dat's weird,.budak2 laki sini pulak banyak yg nak ambik obs &gyn nanti. tahpapela. aku tak paham sungguh laki yang nak jadik gyne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. peliknye...aku yg ppuan nih pon x rase nk wat gynae lg so far..obstetrics is not too bad..tp gynae cam not my thing je...
    tp kan akunye consultant 6 org sume laki, registrar sorang je ppuan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. x dpt bygkn if aku jd doktor..mcm x sanggup je..tabik aa kt korg!eyh, don't let guys doc dominate obs n gyn..x sanggup aku nk gi spital for that matter nanti..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. adeihh...aku tau ade laaa tanggungjwb utk jd O&G tp so far aku rase aku nk bende lain lg...tp aku consider gak aa...heheh..don't worry aku rase fariha bleh kot...ochee ke...ramai gile lg kwn2 kite bdak med...

    ReplyDelete